[CrackMonkey] tennis anyone?

Bob Bernstein bobbern at delphi.com
Tue Feb 1 11:54:31 PST 2000

Gleaned from the web:

"One secondary offering this week gives me a bit of pause. Red Hat is in the
market to sell 4 million shares: 2.75 million by the company, 1.25 million by
selling shareholders. Normally I don't get too worked up over a combination
offering like this, but there is also a very large -- on the order of roughly
117 million shares -- lockup expiration on Feb. 7. These two factors in
concert, I believe, are what tore Homestore's (HOMS:Nasdaq - news) share price
apart last week.

"Trust me -- nobody loves Red Hat more than I do. The problem is that
approximately 121,159,408 shares of the company are becoming eligible for sale
in a week. The chart tells me the rest of what I need to know."

Comments, rebukes, excoriations, exultations?

--
Bob Bernstein
Esmond, R.I., USA