[CrackMonkey] How about that John McCain?

Bernard nutella at zork.net
Wed Feb 2 13:19:24 PST 2000

02Feb2000 03:42AM (-0500) From [bobbern at delphi.com] bobbern [Bob Bernstein]
> I was just soliciting opinions. Not being a coder I was curious if any of
> you knew anything about the problem they are complaining about. (They
> mention in particular the close() function.)

As far as performance issues are concerned, I've heard that the
library can screw up optimisation as the alignments in some
versions are wrong.  This means that your compiler will work
really hard readying your code for speed and then the
library will ruin it.  That's why some code will run quite
a lot quicker if you switch off (or minimise) optimisation.
I understand that this is more or less fixed now.

	Bernard

Bernard P. Murray, PhD
nutella at zork.net (Department of Desserts and Toppings, San Francisco, USA)