[CrackMonkey] LinuxJuan

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Tue Feb 8 16:55:07 PST 2000

begin  Joey Hess quotation:
> Oh come on, that's not a name you can trust.

                                   Power Window Flex-track Replacement

                         Contributed By: Jeff Hess

   I was lowering the window when I heard a clunk. I throught the
   worst happened buy I tried to raise the window anyway.
   Surprisingly, the window went up. It was when I put the window down
   again that the trouble started. It went down in the door and stayed
   down.

   I went to the local Chrysler dealer and picked up a new flex track
   for about $9. To replace the flex-track, you have to open up the
   door.  Loosen the screws holding the flex-track/regulator/motor
   assembly (there is about 9 of them. These screws were phillips head
   on my 83 and torx head on the 88) You have to unbolt the top of the
   flex-track from the window (One bolt, 7/16" I think).

   You can then twist the flex-track/regulator/motor assembly enough
   to see the end of the metal track that the flex-track "runs" on.
   You can then slide the old flex-track off and the new flex-track
   on. You may need to run the window motor to get the flex-track past
   the regulator gear.

   Once you get the flex-track on, just put everything back together.
   It took me about 30 minutes for me to fix mine.

   Jeff Hess
   1988 Grand Wagoneer
   Edgerton, MN
   http://edgerton.mn.frontiercomm.net/~jhess169/welcome.htm