[CrackMonkey] A cool problem:

Emad El-Haraty elharaty at utdallas.edu
Sun Feb 13 19:15:39 PST 2000

This may sound stupid but...

Here are my thoughts on a way to solve the problem with only one
person dieing.

The 1st person say whatever the person ahead of him' hat color is.

Now the next person knows his hat color. If the person infront of him
has the same hat color as his own he says blue (or red) in a certain way.

For example, red pronounced normal means "I have red, guy in front has red"
	rrrred (with a rolled r) means "I have red, guy in front has blue"
	blue pronounced normal means "I have blue, guy in front has blue"
	bleh means "I have blue, guy in fron has red"

Obviously the pronounciations do not have to be rolled Rs or bleh.

Is this legal?

 Emad El-Haraty
	If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.