Spoons, Classes and Rebeka was Re: [CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey SubscribeNotification]

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu Feb 17 09:58:19 PST 2000

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Ben wrote:

> > There is no class. There is no spoon. Speaking of which, I'm headed
> > off to SF for my non-class.
>
> Is there any chance you troll newsgroups as Rebeka Thomas, or is that
> your sister or something?

Nope, not a relation, only a pale imitation.

I did learn something fun in class last night (of relevance to this list):
historically, the person in a stock exchange who put the prices up on the
blackboard was called the chalk monkey.

Also, on Tuesday, John Lawson, a market maker died on the floor of the
Pacific Options Exchange. It's the first time in history that someone has
died on the trading floor of the Pacific exchange.

http://www.pacificex.com/about/abt_press.html#00

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Mars has been a tough target" -- Peter G. Neumann, Risks Digest Moderator