[CrackMonkey] [jbs@quiotix.com: [svlug] Wired: Linux and Windows Duke It Out]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Feb 17 18:09:40 PST 2000

----- Forwarded message from "Jeffrey B. Siegal" <jbs at quiotix.com> -----

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:20:14 -0800
From: "Jeffrey B. Siegal" <jbs at quiotix.com>
To: svlug at svlug.org
Subject: [svlug] Wired: Linux and Windows Duke It Out

"As Microsoft chairman Bill Gates rolled out the next version of
Windows, Linux companies were throwing him upper cuts and left
hooks."

"Linux backers staged a series of boxing matches outside Thursday's
Windows 2000 launch at Moscone Center, pitting the penguin
against chairman Gates."

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,34424,00.html

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org

----- End forwarded message -----

The companies beat us to it!  Gar!

I saw the plane with the "INTRALINUX" banner, while I was out at Central
Computer getting a part, but I didn't realize why it was there.  The
crowds around Moscone Center were really minor at mid-day, although for
the past few days I've seen people with "Windows 2000 Setup and Teardown"
stickers in restaurants and on the street in South of Market.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I