[CrackMonkey] [gkm@blackdown.org: All in the name of science.]

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Feb 21 10:51:56 PST 2000

----- Forwarded message from glen mccready <gkm at blackdown.org> -----
Forwarded-by: Nev Dull <nev at bostic.com>
Forwarded-by: "Michael J. Tuciarone" <tooch at netapp.com>

Excerpted from "The Second Sexual Revolution" by Jack Hitt,
New York Times Magazine, 2/20/2000.
http://www.nytimes.com/library/magazine/home/20000220mag-hitt9.html

   "I can remember," Goldstein said of the slow progress [in treating
sexual dysfunction]. "It was 1983, when a doctor named Giles Brindley
came up with the first drug-induced erection. At a urology meeting, he
was wearing sweat pants. He excused himself for a minute and went to
the men's room and injected himself. When he came back, he lowered his
pants to show us a stunning and natural erection. He walked down the
aisle and let us touch it. People couldn't believe it wasn't an
implant."
   Goldstein noticed a look of considerable distress on my face, and
added something that he thought might comfort me: "It was a bunch of
urologists."

----- End forwarded message -----