[CrackMonkey] Uh...

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Feb 22 16:54:57 PST 2000

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Don Marti wrote:

> I've never had reason to buy anything from them.  I use GIMP for
> graphics, GNU Ghostscript instead of Postscript, and make
> occasional use of xpdf  (Intel motherboard manuals, etc.)

Good for you. Please tell others NOT to buy Adobe postscript printers.
I've told you my Ghostscript story, right?

The reason I started boycotting Adobe 'round about 1988 was the sheer
number of registrations I had for fonts that they had just simply LOST. I
tried to upgrade some things (including Illustrator), but they showed that
I'd never existed in their database -- despite the fact that I was getting
offers as a product owner. A flood had taken out the physical boxes and
disks, and thus I was screwed. So I never bought from them again.

I do use xpdf, but there are times when acrocrap has encoded it such that
only acroread will do. I keep it around for government forms mostly.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"That doesn't make sense in any meaning of 'sense' with which I'm