[CrackMonkey] Uh...

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Feb 23 09:13:35 PST 2000

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:56:15 -0800

> Quoting J C Lawrence (claw at kanga.nu):
>> There are several things that xpdf doesn't handle properly yet
>> that are yet useful encluding (my biggies):
>>
>> Several forms of encrypted PDF's

> You're aware of xpdf-i?

Yup.  It supports some forms of encrypted PDF's and not others (IIRC
the xpdf crypt patch comments on this specifically).  I don't recall
the details any more (its been a couple months since I ran into the
problem), but when I was working on Merced I would commonly receive
crypted PDF's that xpdf-i was unable to read that acroread handled
just fine.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu