[CrackMonkey] Lindsey Graham

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Feb 23 10:45:08 PST 2000

Mike Goldman writes:

> Monkey Master wrote:
>
> > begin  Mike Goldman quotation:
> > > There ARE statistics of fed-up NON-voters.  Not that they care or
> > > anything.
> >
> >         Yes, but they spend all their time trying to figure out HOW TO
> > GET THEM TO VOTE.  But if you get a vote that says "I ACTIVELY DISLIKE
> > ALL OF these people and am willing to COME TO THE POLLS TO SAY SO",
> > that's something else.
>
> Good point.  I'm working on a GET OUT THE NON-VOTE campaign.  I think we
> should GO TO THE POLLS and actively demonstrate against voting.

Bound Together in the Haight sells a "Nobody for President" poster; that
and their Proudhon "To be governed..." t-shirts ought to be reasonably
appealing to individualists.

A demonstration against voting would be a neat thing, but it would probably
produce a rather scary amount of hostile reaction.

I'm thinking of a veteran saying "I fought to defend your right to vote"
or the family of a soldier who died in action saying "Our father died
defending your right to vote, and you're standing here telling everyone
to throw it away!".

... not that's very different from the reaction a lot of leftist protestors
get when they demonstrate over much smaller issues.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I