[CrackMonkey] [Fwd: Re: Upgrade to potato impossible?]

Mike Goldman whig at debian.org
Thu Feb 24 23:51:21 PST 2000

Bob Bernstein wrote:

> Joel's posts are always entertaining. I think we should take him at his
> word, below, and leave him free to keep us so entertained.
>
> > Anyone considering voting for me, don't, because none of you
> > moronic pieces of shit are worthy of my leadership.

Exactly the kind of milquetoast response I'd expected from you.

Yeah, let's all be nice and political, but if someone says, hey, let's
actually DO STUFF, it's completely off the table.

Joel's got like next to ZERO chance of becoming DPL, but SO WHAT?  Even
assuming Wichert doesn't dominate every category on the first ballot, and
Joel gets eliminated straight off, your votes get distributed to your
SECOND choice, and so on.

Personally, I put Joel first, and NOTA second.  Not that I dislike Wichert
at all, but he hasn't even pushed through a SINGLE RELEASE in the last
year.  DPL needs to LEAD, dammit, not just be a diplomatic emissary.