[CrackMonkey] [evangelo@pigdog.org: Re: [Pigdog] Virus]

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Fri Feb 25 15:47:32 PST 2000

----- ESP <evangelo at pigdog.org> -----

    M> The fact that is says " propagate it as fast as possible."
    M> screams "hoax," and there's no refering URL...

**URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT**

Please forward this email to everyone in your addressbook. The
Cat-Colonic story is a HOAX. It will cause irreparable harm to your
brain and make you do stupid things.

Authority figures who don't usually make announcements about email
hoaxes, like the FDA and the International House of Pancakes, have
asked that everyone send everyone else lots of email about this hoax,
in a wild orgy of ignorant panic. The IHOP made the announcement this
morning on the "Good Morning America" television show. I'm totally
serious about that.

A man in the Philippines who neglected to send this message to
everyone in his addressbook was widely denounced by all he knew as a
bad Netizen and a heartless bastardo and himself was the victim of an
endless string of cruel hoaxes for the rest of his days.

This hoax will destroy your Netscape Navigator AND your Microsoft
Outlook Express, if you have both installed. If only one is installed,
it will destroy the one you have, and then wait until you install the
other one, for years even it will wait, biding its evil time, until
you actually do install the program, at which time it will destroy
that one, too.

It will wipe out all your TurboTax files and all your Eudora email
(versions 1.2 and above) including your thousands of precious virus
warning messages. It will also stomp all over your entire email
addressbook, so that after it happens you can't warn all your friends,
anyways, because you will rendered be mute and limbless,
metaphorically speaking, by the very hoax that you would try and
protect people from.

If you have questions about this hoax, please call your local
International House of Pancakes, which will have more
information. Please don't take too long on the phone, because every
second is precious, and your friends may be suckered in by the hoax
while you're being all anal and ascertaining the veracity of this very
message with some pancake waitress.

Thank you for your support.

-Bob Spudwell
Executive Producer, "Good Morning America"
10015 Avenue of the Americas
NY, NY 10018
212-555-4421

**URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT****URGENT**