[CrackMonkey] [drg@verio.net: www.crackmonkey.org]

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Feb 28 14:16:01 PST 2000

----- Forwarded message from Darren Grabowski <drg at verio.net> -----

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:43:01 +0000
From: Darren Grabowski <drg at verio.net>
To: rick at linuxmafia.com, nick at zork.net
Cc: NOC Security <security at verio.net>, larrysh at best.net
Subject: www.crackmonkey.org

Gentlemen,

Verio Security was notified of malicious code on the website,
www.crackmonkey.org, that has no other purpose than to overwrite system
files on a Windows machine.  Any unsuspecting user that visits this site
has the potential to be affected by the code.  Under the advice of the
Verio legal staff, we have blocked this site, and we will be notifying the
authorities.  We will lift the block, but only after the code has been
removed from the website.  If you wish to discuss this further,  you
may call me at 214-290-8680.  Thank you.

darren
Darren Grabowski                                   drg at verio.net
Verio Security                              http://www.verio.net
                "Carpe Diem Baby" - J. Hetfield