[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Jane Goodall jane_goodall at cosmo.com
Wed Jul 5 08:13:39 PDT 2000

Quoting Nick Moffitt:
> 	Jane, can monkeys eat rats?
>
> ----- Forwarded message from mailman-owner at zork.net -----
> rodent at voyager.net has been successfully subscribed to CrackMonkey.
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Well Nicholas, I'm glad you asked.

It just so happens that primates are omnivorous, and their teeth are
multipurpose, allowing them to cut, tear, and grind. Although nonhuman
primates will occasionally eat the flesh of other mammals, their diet
consists primarily of leaves, fruit, bark, nuts and other vegetable
matter, birds, eggs, rodents, insects, and frogs.

Seth, I can see that you're already taking umbrage with the fact that
rodents are technically also mammals, but I assure you that I am aware
of this, and was referring to other large, non-rodent mammalls.

So there.

Ta-ta!

Jane