[CrackMonkey] Quote of the Day

Bernard nutella at zork.net
Wed Jul 12 19:09:46 PDT 2000

12Jul2000 10:28AM (-0400) From [bobbern at delphi.com] bobbern [Bob Bernstein]

> Why dick around? Get some lab-grade ethanol (iirc 190). Great stuff.

Nope.  The real stuff is 200 proof grain alcohol.  Lower grades
contain methanol or otherwise have residual benzene (used to
distill off the methanol as an azeotrope).
	I'm always surprised just how cheap "lab use" 200 proof
is when I have to get some from the store here.  I think most
of the cost is for the containers and shipping.  We usually
pick up a gallon's worth of sealed pint bottles.

	Bernard

-- <- sig compliance at last
Bernard P. Murray, PhD
nutella at zork.net (Department of Desserts and Toppings, San Francisco, USA)