[CrackMonkey] TNICNAZ, old chum!

Bernard nutella at zork.net
Thu Jul 13 15:13:39 PDT 2000

13Jul2000 11:00PM (+0100) From [sneakums at eircom.net] sneakums [Paul J Collins]
> People I know have been to London and they didn't like the Guinness at
> all.  The main problem is that it isn't pulled properly.

It varies from pub to pub.  There seems to be an effort to improve
the quality as people will travel a fair distance to a pub known
to keep good Guinness.

>     Bernard> I've drunk Beamish in Cork city and it wasn't particularly
>     Bernard> different from anywhere else.

Sorry, that was supposed to be "Murphy's", not Beamish.

> I expect..

Too much.  All you should expect is that it be wet, dark, cold
and alcoholic (the Guinness as well as Zeitgeist itself).

> Shamrocks are for people who think they are Irish because their
> great-great-grandfather was stepped over by an Irishman while lying
> drunk in a gutter.

I *was* that Irishman.  ....okay, maybe it was my Dad.

> If I'm too hot, I drink Miller.

Hot?  You don't know the meaning of the word.  Anyway, I wouldn't
admit to being a Miller drinker around here, even in jest.  Domestic
(assumed) and export Miller are two very different animals.

>  Stout is not really a summer drink.

That's why San Francisco is a good venue.  We don't have summer here.

> Pitchers for beer are very rare here, except possibly in "trendy"
> pubs, where they define "trendy" as "it's been done in America".

So, napalming the customers is the next logical step....?

>  When you live in a country of 3.5
> million that would fit inside Lake Michigan,

I've never heard that comparison before.  I demand a practical
demonstration!

>.. it's difficult to appreciate how large and varied America is.

Ah, but it's a mediocre kind of "variety".  You can understand
pretty much everyone who tries to talk to you in the U.S. (even though
the effort may not be worth it) but in the past I have failed
miserably to understand what someone from Strabane was talking about.

> Hmm.  A friend of mine is in SF at the moment.  I'll see if he will go
> along as my emissary.

Tell him to look out for the crackmonkey tee shirts.  Tell Nick
the same thing.

	Bernard

--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD