[CrackMonkey] Free crap becomes free speech

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Sun Jul 16 23:40:13 PDT 2000

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 09:22:03PM -0700, Monkey Master <monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org> wrote:

> 	1: There's no such thing as an "Eskimo".  That's the
> Aboriginal American equivalent of the word "Oriental".  If there's a
> particular tribe you have in mind, please tell us.

1 plural Eskimo or Eskimos : a member of a group of peoples of northern Canada, Greenland, Alaska, and eastern Siberia
2 : any of the languages of the Eskimo peoples

How horribly un-PC of me to use Oriental as a generic term, instead of
forcibly mislabeling something I haven't identified.  I'd make such a bad
US citizen.

> 	3: American skiers and snowboarders have more words for "snow"
> than the Inuit, Tlingit, and Aleut tribes combined.

I wasn't aware that tribes survived The Melting Pot.  Doesn't that rather
defeat the purpose of melting them?

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton               http://bryanfullerton.com/