[CrackMonkey] RFC: ORBS down

Bob Bernstein bobbern at delphi.com
Mon Jul 17 12:10:14 PDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 06:31:21PM +0000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> They post a list of open relays blocked by them, which makes spammers'
> lives easier.

That seems to be up for grabs; how measure that effect (making it "easier")
versus the effect produced by people fixing their open relays, making it
"harder?"

I don't know enough about bind to appreciate the intricacies of what MAPS is
doing to ORBS, but I can't get out my mind an image a of late '40's
Hollywood pirate blockbuster (in early Technicolor) with two square riggers
both flying the Jolly Roger bearing down on each other. Flynn on one, Gable
on the other.

--
Bob Bernstein
at                    obsd2.7 woohoo! and, it's canadian.