[CrackMonkey] [Pigdog] Re: Camp Linux (Was: Article idea?)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 24 14:44:03 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:

>     Rick> (2) You're within driving distance of Menlo Park, CA,
>
> Alas, no.  Ireland.

Ah, thus the telco surcharges.  Sorry about the irrelevant suggestion,
then:  I had no idea where you were participating from.

Curiously enough, the name "Menlo Park" is Irish, twice removed:  The
town in California is named for Thomas Edison's home town in New Jersey,
whose name in turn is corrupted from a Celtic name.

> I hear the current potato snaps are close to rock-solid, so that don't
> bother me none.

It's pretty solid.  I've _burned_ an unofficial potato CD set, from a
site in Hungary that was (is?) offering them via ftp, and it was
somewhat incomplete in some areas (such as X), but otherwise worthwhile.
No idea if the commercial vendors listed on the vendor list do better
than he did, but it seems likely.

> I'll check that out.  Is the Debian CD bootable?

Yes.

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."