[CrackMonkey] [Pigdog] Re: Camp Linux (Was: Article idea?)

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Mon Jul 24 16:11:37 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:
> Heh.  Don't talk to me about libc upgrades.  I am a fool who
> upgraded an RH 4.1 install to glibc2 by hand, piece by piece.  I ran
> a libc5 X on top of it for about two months before I finally got the
> glibc2 stuff.  As I recall I kept a sh script called wrap5 lying
> around for stuff that barfed badly in the schizoid environment I had
> created.  I think I wound up with around 90% glibc2 binaries before
> I blew it all away last December and installed Mandrake.  I kept all
> my stow packages, though, and they all worked.

	Wough.

	apt-get dist-upgrade seemed to work just fine for the guy who
was still running bo or hamm or whatever.

> Woody is Debian 2.3, yes?

	Nope.

	Releases don't get version numbers until they are released.
For all we know, potato could become Debian 3.0!

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.