[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Joakim Ziegler joakim at helixcode.com
Mon Jul 31 16:29:07 PDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 02:43:29PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 10:31:37PM +0100, Paul J Collins wrote:

>> I do.  It's a filesystem, and I keep files in it.  Keeping them in
>> binary databases is bullshit.

> Isn't a filesystem just a binary database?

No, it's a binary database bound to a filesystem. That's why filesystems are
called filesystems, and binary databases are called binary databases. When
unmodified fopen() can read individual entries in your
e_db_mess_binary_chunk_of_useless_burning_silicon, then we can talk.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim at helixcode.com - Radagast at IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer