[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Joakim Ziegler joakim at helixcode.com
Mon Jul 31 16:58:52 PDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 04:25:56PM -0700, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>> It's also where you can read my fascinating article about the future
>> of GUIs for expert users, "Towards the Anti-Mac".

> Heh, for those working on re-implementing Windows concepts in Gnome,
> that's a pretty amusing way of putting it -- since MacOS X is actually a
> beautiful Unix.

You're making the same mistake as most Slashdot users who didn't bother to
read the article: Assuming it's a diatribe against the mac UI. It's not. The
Anti-Mac is Jakob Nielsen and Don Gentner's UI research paper which uses the
assumption "What if we consciously broke each of the main rules in the
Macintosh Human Interface Guidelines?" Nielsen and Gentner are big fans of
the Mac interface, actually.

As for MacOS X, well, that's considered by most UI people to be a wasted
opportunity.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim at helixcode.com - Radagast at IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer