[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Michael Jennings mej at valinux.com
Mon Jul 31 17:57:03 PDT 2000

On Monday, 31 July 2000, at 19:33:20 (-0500),
Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> I'm still interested in why it's impossible to use an in-memory
> representation which isn't the same as the on-disk representation.

I ignored that statement because it has no relevance to the topic at
hand.  I only pointed out that random-access reads/writes are much
faster with databases than with text files.  Database format has
nothing to do with the in-memory structures EFM uses.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at eterm.org>
Software Engineer, VA Linux Systems       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)