[CrackMonkey] [jammers@adbusters.org: WORLD CAR FREE DAY]

Kevin Doherty kdoherty at cosanostra.net
Fri Sep 1 09:06:23 PDT 2000

And thus spake Zack Hamm, on Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 06:16:25PM -0400:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 07:42:14PM +0100, Paul J Collins wrote:
> > Yeah right, unless you live in a place where it actually RAINS from
> > time to time, whose public transport system would be hilarious if it
> > wasn't so tragic.  Bollocks to you.  On September 21st I will be
> > driving my diesel-guzzling van, and laughing at all the fucking idiots
> > who got hoodwinked, rained on and humiliated.
>
> Maybe you should move somewhere where it doesnt RAIN so fucking much
> that it is practically hostile to human habitation. Perhaps the public
> transportation system is so tragically rediculous because of people like
> you embracing the petrochemical stinkings, the perpetual FLATULENCE of
> the GREAT GOD PROGRESS, not giving it a reason to exist. On September
> 21st I will be strolling barefoot in some rare, quiet sanctuary of
> nature that has magically avoided being covered in asphalt

In which case, shouldn't you be thanking him for living in someplace
that's "practically hostile to human habitation", and not picking this
beautiful meadow that you so adore?

> and pounded
> down by the brand-name sneaker covered feet of oblivious consumers and
> blind assholes like yourself, breathing in the fresh air, and smiling
> ear-to-ear in my ENLIGHTENMENT.

That is, until you step on a sharp rock and, due to your unclad feet,
yelp in pain and stumble into a hornets' nest nearby, where the denizens
of said nest chase you across that beautiful meadow until you run into
a majestic old tree, knocking yourself out, and allowing the hornets to
swarm over you, stinging your body, allowing you to wake up in agonizing
pain, and limp back out of this sanctuary (as you got stung on your feet
as well).

Kevin Doherty, kdoherty at cosanostra.net
"There's much to be said for laboring in obscurity"
		-- "Tilt-A-Whirl", Galactic Cowboys