[CrackMonkey] Re: never trust a monkey

Rob robert at namodn.com
Sat Sep 2 18:13:44 PDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 02:18:10PM -0700, Peter C. Norton wrote:

> > http://www.idausa.org/ir/reports/ronwoodcrack.html

Articles generally will spell out an abbreviated
name before they start using the abbreviaion.

Using NYUMC IACUC without a standard explanation
( such as "Bunch Of Words (BOW)" )
at the beginning causes my parser to either try
to pronounce the unknown words, or guess at
meanings for them. Bad journalist.

That aside, my favorite quote out the article would
have to be from Dr. Wood :

"Value. Everyone always asks about value, human applicability.
Whatever happened to intellectual curiosity, fascination,
the excitement a scientist feels when he finds something new?"

I know I'm excited. Maybe they'll even start shaking or
something. Who knows?

--
Rob