[CrackMonkey] Hey!

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Sep 6 23:48:43 PDT 2000

begin  Joakim Ziegler quotation of Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 01:37:43AM -0500:

> > The cost of BeOS costs significantly less than the memory required to run
> > X and a web browser. In fact, BeOS fits *with a gui AND a web browser* in
> > the space of the Linux kernel.
>
> As does QNX, and it was designed for this market originally, and has a longer
> track record. So if I were a designer of embedded systems, why would I choose
> BeOS over QNX, then? Oh, and if you want *both* free and
> designed-for-embedded-use, there's always eCos.

Hey, if the BeOS weenies get to say you need X to run a browser under
Linux, I get to say you need to have un grand sac de pommes de terre to
run a browser on BeOS. X is so twentieth-century.

Embedded Linux will eat BeOS's lunch before BeOS gets over the fact that
it went to bed without supper the night before.

--
Don Marti                                This email brought to you
dmarti at zgp.org                           by the number 67 and the