[CrackMonkey] Hey!

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu Sep 7 17:25:53 PDT 2000

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> > You miss the point: I'm talking ONLY 16 MB of Flash. No other RAM.
>
> You're using flash as main ram? What's the maximum number of writes on
> that flash?

Dunno. Since I was working server-side, I never had a hardware prototype
on my desk.

> > > I've seen others[2] that use a web browser written for the frame buffer
> > > console.
> >
> > But how big was the file footprint + the running footprint?
>
> Under 10 MB.

Still gives a lot less room than 6MB. Did it render graphics and all that?
SSL?

"More damage has been caused by innocent program crashes than by
malicious viruses, but they don't make great stories."
                   --  Jean-Louis Gassee, Be Newsletter, Issue 69