[CrackMonkey] Do you GUI writers dream of such a question...?

Joakim Ziegler joakim at helixcode.com
Fri Sep 8 12:40:54 PDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 02:12:54PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>> Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>> Yeah, personally, I think a scriptable office suite sounds a bit...
>> unexciting.

> Feh. Artist. Sorry, "Web Developer." Of course everyone needs an office
> suite. Like a hole in the head.

Actually, I do need one. I use Gnumeric from time to time, even. But it's
just not turning me on.

>> I want a fully scriptable metadata aware system that lets me do interesting
>> and intelligent correlation and extraction of data.

> Actually, I hate to say it, but wouldn't BeOS provide the best platform for
> doing this, with all of its (OS) inbuilt metadata and APIs?

If it were free, BeOS would be an excellent platform for a lot of things.

> Reminds me of the filesystem banter on Advogato. Which in turn reminds me of
> those articles you were going to do...?

They're coming, they're coming.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim at helixcode.com - Radagast at IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer