[CrackMonkey] Locating the funny bone.

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Mon Sep 11 17:07:57 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:
>     Nick> [...] one joke, a man asks his neighbor if he'll be mowing
>     Nick> the lawn on Saturday; the neighbor answers "yes," and what
>     Nick> was generally regarded as the clever punch line was for the
>     Nick> first man to respond, "Well, I guess you won't be needing
>     Nick> your golf clubs."
>
> Obviously something has been elided from my medical records.  How the
> *hell* is that funny?

	That's the primary reason I forwarded this along.  Do you
think that MAYBE a test with a CONTROL GROUP would have proved
fruitful?  Is this experiment REPEATABLE?

	Feynman complained that most psychology experiments are never
repeated, and thus the process of peer review in the field of
psychology is rendered useless.  Eliminating variables seems to be a
waste of time.

	Here's a good joke for their tests:

	Man: Do you ride this train often?
	Woman: Every day.

Punchlines:
	Man: Ah, I think I've seen you here before

	Man: Which stop is yours?

	Man: <steps on rake>

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.