[CrackMonkey] OS/X Beta

Paul Duncan duncanpa at engr.orst.edu
Sun Sep 17 14:04:06 PDT 2000

* Rick Moen (rick at linuxmafia.com) wrote:
> begin  Paul Duncan quotation:
>
> > You can also download the BSD core at freebsd.org, openbsd.org,
> > netbsd.org or any of your local mirrors.
>
> The BSD crowd did not consider Darwin in any way redundant, at the
> last O'Reilly Open Source Convention in Monterey.  In fact, there was
> quite a bit of celebration, and sincere welcoming to the throng.

I know.  Did you read the rest of my email at all?  Apparently not,
so I'll make things a bit easier for you.

Sarcasm Sar"casm, n. F. sarcasme, L. sarcasmus, Gr.
   sarkasmo`s, from sarka`zein to tear flesh like dogs, to bite
   the lips in rage, to speak bitterly, to sneer, fr. sa`rx,
   sa`rkos, flesh.
   A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered
   with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a
   cutting jest.
  Syn: Satire; irony; ridicule; taunt; gibe.

> This carpfest has become more than a little absurd:  The licence, and
> the code with its incremental additions to the BSD codebase, are real
> and rise or fall on merits independent of your opinions concerning
> their publisher.

Nonsense.  Taking a few pot-shots at a large corporations for
entertainment's sake never gets old, whether the corporation in question
is Apple, Microsoft, or Tom Gilbert's Take Out Pizza.

> (And your being a snob and a _slob_ at the same time is even more
> ridiculous:  Snip quoted material you're not commenting on, dammit!)

Just trying to keep the conversation in context.  If this bothers you,
perhaps you're not aware of the how the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys
on your keyboard work?  I also hear there have been wonderful advances
in pseudo-terminal technology that allow you to _actually resize_
terminal windows.  Usage varys depending on your window manager, so
please see your window manager's documentation for more information.

PS You should spend some time with a thesaurus and learn some non-
monosyllable retorts.  I will admit, however, that I am impressed by
your attempted use of alliteration.

--
Paul Duncan <duncanpa at engr.orst.edu>    Network Support
http://www.pablotron.org                Botany and Plant Pathology