[CrackMonkey] Req: svga video-driver for Packard Bell Model 850

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 26 15:51:04 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:

> Both Mr. Perry and I were referring to the DOS application commonly
> referred to as ``Windows'', not to the X Window System.

I've never heard of such a preposterous claim, and can only ascribe it
to some sort of extravagant and unlikely hoax.  Neither you nor Mr.
Perry would be so wasteful (or tacky) as to waste a perfectly good
computer on such a thing.

> My use of the phrase ``using an X server as a Windows video driver''
> makes it clear that I know that those two things are different and
> non-interchangeable.

Well, am X server isn't a buggy whip, either.  But the latter is still
obsolete.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm