[CrackMonkey] [manny@pixar.com: [Pigdog] Monkeys the new weapon of Paris gangs.]

Jane Goodall jane_goodall at cosmo.com
Wed Sep 27 22:28:10 PDT 2000

Quoting Monkey Master:
> begin  Jane Goodall quotation:
> >       "She's laughin in her sleeve, boys;
> >   I can feel it in my bones."  -- Tom Waits
>
> 	Hey Jane, are you sure that wasn't Benjamin Franklin?

Quite positive, Mr. Moffitt; it was extremely taboo for girls to laugh
into their sleeves back in the late 1700s -- had that been Benjamin
Franklin, it would have gone something like this:

     "She's laughin in her sleeve, boys;
let us put her into the stocks!" -- Ben Franklin

Or, depending on what sort of historical revisionist you are:

 "She's laughing in her sleeve, boys;  my loins
  burn with unquenchable fire!" -- Ben Franklin

Good day,

Dr. Jane Goodall, Primatologist

   "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
 than a frontal lobotomy." -- Aristophanes