[CrackMonkey] I don't want to get off on a rant but

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 3 15:24:20 PST 2001

begin  Marco d'Itri quotation:
> On Dec 29, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

>>Scp is now available so universally that there's really no excuse for
>>non-anonymous ftp:  http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/security/ssh-clients
>
> I'm *not* going to give shell access to some of my lusers.
> Uhm... looks like a good excuse.

Heh.  It's pretty safe to offer non-login users non-anonymous ftp
access.  (It might alternatively be possible to set up a non-login user
so he can scp files in and out, though I don't know how, off the top of
my head.)

As far as I'm concerned, a non-login user is welcome to do POP3 and ftp
sessions all day long, especially if his ftp sessions are chrooted to ~.

--
Cheers,                                     Bah humbug.  Shop late.
Rick Moen                                   Happy unChristmas.
rick at linuxmafia.com