[CrackMonkey] I don't want to get off on a rant but

Bob Bernstein bob at ruptured-duck.com
Thu Jan 4 09:38:23 PST 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:22:56 -0800, Monkey Master opined:

>  > But who reads Freud anymore?
>
>  	Perverts, mostly.

Oooo, that has a Puritanical sound to it.

But, no. Any decent self-respecting pervert should read Kraft-Ebbing,
Havelock Ellis, and most importantly, Wilhelm Stekel, whose two volume
_Sadism and Masochism_ is still the ultimate statement on the subject,
at least from a psychoanalytic perspective. My thinking has always been
that writing this masterpiece had something to do with the good Dr.
Stekel finally taking his life. It is dark, dark, reading. I haven't
ever been able to get through the whole thing. I got through _American
Psycho_, but not Stekel, who, btw, anticipated many of the themes of
AP.

But I digress.

--
Bob Bernstein