[CrackMonkey] Jazz song

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Sat Jan 6 11:14:35 PST 2001

begin  Ben Brockert quotation:
> Anybody know the name of the song that was the theme song to the
> awesome nerd show 'The Secret Life of Machines' which was on the
> Discovery channel many years ago? It was probably a british import,
> as the host guy was, but that doesn't help in my search for the
> song.

	Haha.  That was a RADDABITCHEN show.  The theme song was just
"Take Five", if I recall, accompanied by cartoons of dancing
appliances.  I was astonished by the one about the telephone, and
promptly built my own.  It rocked.

	Take Five is the premier example of Jazz gone elevator music.
Every time I hear Dave Brubeck, I'm reminded of how white I am.  That
said, Brubeck was a fine musician who loved to compose music in odd
time signatures.  Still, he's no Duke Ellington, and no John Coltrane.

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.

	01234567 <- The amazing indent-o-meter!
        ^	    Matt McIrvin: the Nikola Tesla of tab damage.