[CrackMonkey] Jazz song

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Jan 6 12:08:16 PST 2001

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 11:14:35AM -0800, Monkey Master wrote:

> 	Take Five is the premier example of Jazz gone elevator music.
> Every time I hear Dave Brubeck, I'm reminded of how white I am.  That
> said, Brubeck was a fine musician who loved to compose music in odd
> time signatures.  Still, he's no Duke Ellington, and no John Coltrane.

Yeah, well a jazz musician taught me the secret jazz musicians' WORDS
to "Take Five" and now they run through my head every time I hear the
song.  (People who play jazz in San Francisco restaurants get a lot
of requests for "Take Five.")

dmarti at zgp.org            -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.