[CrackMonkey] Perl

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Sun Jan 14 16:25:12 PST 2001

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Monkey Master wrote:

> begin  The Mighty Silverback quotation:
> >
> >     BB> Any bright ideas?
> >
> > # apt-get install guile
>
> 	# apt-get install goops
>

> 	So Jay Sulzberger:  Mr. Bad refused to tell me what was so
> great about GOOPS and CLOS.  I suspect he's never actually used them.
> So, could you tell me what makes GOOPS such a great object system?

Mainly that it is an attempt at a CLOS-like system.  CLOS is simply fine.

http://www.math.uio.no/cltl/clm/node1.html
http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/HyperSpec
http://www.ionet.net/~timtroyr/funhouse/beer/beer_a_c.html#clos
http://www.ionet.net/~timtroyr/funhouse/beer/beer_a_c.html#commonlisp
http://www.lisp.org/table/learn.htm
http://kaolin.unice.fr/STk

STk is a Scheme, with Tk stuff, that uses a CLOS-like object system, one
of the Marrano family:

http://youpou.lip6.fr/queinnec/WWW/Meroon.html

The big advantage of CLOS is that it is not insane.

oo--JS.

PS. Do not forget the five lines in three files required to get GOOPS
actually working!  ed, man, ed!^W^W^Winfo goops