[CrackMonkey] Fw: [Evolution] Interview with Miguel de Icaza

Nick 'sharkey' Moore sharkey at zoic.org
Fri Jan 19 23:55:02 PST 2001

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 02:09:24AM -0500, Bob Bernstein wrote:

> Yes, precisely. Linux becoming popular, "winning the desktop," is a
> good thing for PRECISELY who or what?

Never start a land war in Asia.

> >   "RMS vs ESR? That's Root Mean Squared versus Equivalent Series
> >   Resistance, of course."
> >  	-- Sharkey, in Jenn's social interview
>
> Please help me understand your sig file. Should I be reading an AC/DC
> subtext into it, and free associating along psychosexual lines? What
> all the brouhaha over those two's "preferences."

Jai, bless his hairy palms, has taken the previously Netizen-internal
smart-arsed, in-joke, i-guess-you-had-to-be-there quotes file and fed
it to his sigmonster.

> In other words, is this a real interview and if so where can it be
> read?

Yeah, secondary job interview for a tech writer. The 'ESR vs RMS'
question being one to bring out peoples politics, or at least see
if they have any. Jenn looked confused, so I thought I'd be
unhelpful.

-----sharkey