[CrackMonkey] Perl (fwd)

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Sun Jan 21 21:21:52 PST 2001

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> Jay Sulzberger writes:
>
> > You are right!  And you may have a proof, but you do not have an infinite
> > number of good proofs!  Or you know more than a finite number of
> > interesting truths!
>
> True, unless all the results of substituting in a schema like
>
> T(x)
>
> (where T is a predicate trivially or tautologically true of every
> object in its domain) are interesting.  Which I doubt.
>
> An even older question: do you have to have thought of something to
> know it?  (That problem is in Plato's _Meno_.)
>
> --
> Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I
> Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/  | have leisure; for perhaps you will
> down:  http://www.loyalty.org/   (CAF)  | not have leisure.  -- Pirke Avot 2:5

What the 15 Million for Ximian will get THE END USER:

  As well as the above features, there will be a GNOME extra apps release
  "like a Microsoft Windows Plus Pack," joked Stachowiak. However, nothing was
  mentioned about which extra apps this release will contain. Many of the
  improvements are the result of user experiences with GNOME. "The application
  launch feedback program is designed to indicate that a program is in the
  process of being loaded," said Stachowiak. "We've had complaints about
  people clicking on the Netscape launcher 10 to 15 times before the program
  appears on the screen."

But without 20 Million Dollars American in END USER USABILITY STUDIES we
will never come to know that we know that which we already know:

  Pushing the Netscape button 15 or 20 times is completely normal!
  We want many instances, all intercommunicating via GIANT MONKEY BALLS!
  Or SOAPAPILLAS!

oo--JS.