[free-sklyarov] A natural ally -- Stephen King?

Daniel Richards kyhwana at world-net.co.nz
Wed Aug 1 00:46:59 PDT 2001

On 31 Jul 2001, at 21:20, Rob McGee wrote:

> Think about it. This is a writer who fought the growing cancer of IP,
> and he did it creatively, offering his fare at a fair, low price. I
> don't know how that went for him, but I just checked his Web site
> ( http://www.stephenking.com/ ) and it said the project is on hold for
> the time being.
[snip]
He auctally made ~$600,000US NET profit, or at least that's what I
heard. He put the project on hold because he wasn't getting enough
people paying for the downloads, apprently. Heh.

I don't think he really understands since he told people that if they
downloaded a "second copy" in a different format they should pay
again. That doesn't sound like someone who "gets it" to me.

http://www.freesklyarov.org - Free Dmitry!
PGP Pub key:
http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyhwana/DanielRPubKey.asc
Fingerprint: 416D 4027 D635 AF51 F2BF  60DF 4D94 F7A0 9893 2848