[free-sklyarov] Sklyarov=Napster according to Senator Boxer

alfee cube sisgeek at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 13:49:31 PDT 2001

lol - makes you feel represented huh:)

Barbara Boxer uses one of those cute, trite and quite
untrue platitudes that are uttered without thought:

"... Neither can legally be taken from you without
compensation..."

in america we are granted property rights in exchange
for granting property rights. there is nothing
immutable about those rights - they are BALANCED
exchanges. when they become imbalanced (as in the case
of the DMCA and Dmitry's prosecution) we have a duty
to immediately move by all lawful means to re-balance
them.

im sure barbara meant to say the government does not
take property without compensation, but even this is
balanced say in the case of zoning where the
government is continually taking property rights
without compensation.