[free-sklyarov] The digital copyright tug o' war

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Sat Aug 4 11:06:04 PDT 2001

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me
and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country....
corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high
places will follow, and the money power of the country will
endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of
the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the
Republic is destroyed."
            -- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864