[free-sklyarov] Wretched article at inside.com

Mark K. Bilbo mark at blorch.org
Sat Aug 4 17:21:14 PDT 2001

On Wednesday 01 August 2001 14:23, douglay at relicorp.com wrote:
> Anyone interested a quick puke should click here:
>
> http://www.inside.com/product/product.asp?entity=&pf_ID=E8EECFA3-CBD1-
> 447E-952C-CC16283D266C
>
> If it wasn't clear before, this article should make it crystal-
> clear:
>
> The publishing industry, and its allies in the music and film
> industries, cannot tolerate the free exchange of digital information
> across the Internet, and are willing to go to any lengths whatsoever
> to see that the free exchange of digital information is squelched.
>
> Anyone for a march on the AAP offices during Usenix?  These people
> have basically declared war on programmers.
>
> -Doug

Not just programmers but on the Republic itself. The more I read what the
founding fathers *meant with copyright and about their concerns about
monopolies granted by the state, I'm moving to the position that people such
as Parloff are traitors to the Republic.

And I'm not just throwing words. I *mean it.

The free flow of ideas is essential to maintaining a democracy. Ours is in
enough trouble with a public that is becoming increasingly less educated and
informed. But to directly assault the limitations the founders meant on
monopolies on information is to betray what this nation allegeds to be.

"Intellectual property" is, I now think, treason.

Mark