[free-sklyarov] Understanding WIPO

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Sat Aug 4 18:47:02 PDT 2001

Erik:

I just read your WIPO paper. Thanks, it's very helpful.

You suggest the following actions:

o  We need to find out who the delegates for our respective governments are
   and talk to them directly about consumer rights.

o  There should be a well-organized free-speech-protest during the next WIPO meeting.

o  There should be independent observers during the meeting, and the most
   important civil liberties organizations should apply for participation and/or submit papers.

These are good suggestions. Anyone have more information or suggestions
on how do we put them into action? We all know that Dmitry is being unjustly
held by a bad law. Let's also not forget to fix the law so this doesn't
happen again.

Thanks,
Jon