[free-sklyarov] My friend's WIPO fight

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Mon Aug 6 07:39:19 PDT 2001

Tom writes:

> On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 10:40:09PM -0400, mike wrote:
> > I friend of mine who registered afm.com for the legitimate purpose of
> > developing his own ecommerce business on the site is fighting a WIPO
> > action by afma.com, the american film marketing association.
>
> how many "American [something] Association" /are/ there?

There are hundreds of industry, scientific, and professional
associations that have "American" and "Association" in their names.

http://www.google.com/search?q=american+association

I can think of about 10 others outside of the copyright industries, but
there are hundreds.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | Lending, printing, copying, giving
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/  | and text-to-speech are permissions