[free-sklyarov] (no subject)

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Mon Aug 6 15:00:26 PDT 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, alfee cube wrote:

> can someone tell me what the "new economy" sign says -
> i love individuals imaginations. (photo
> 101-0156_IMG.jpg)
>
> im guessing:
>
> [universities] -> criminals
> [librarians] -> terrorists
> [consumers] -> hostages

	That's it.  The header read, "THE NEW NEW ECONOMY:"

	I think I saw a glimmer of someone else using the sign in a
	picture from the SF protest.  I couldn't make it because I was
	at the SPIE conference in San Diego.

	I did see you guys on CNN Headline News from my hotel room,
	which made my day.  I made sure to add a dash of Sklyarov to
	my talk at the conference, using some nice protest photos as
	sample images in my presentation.  I also got invited at the
	last second to participate in a panel discussion on the
	future of imaging security, and I made sure to mention up Dmitry's
	arrest.

	Funny fact about the panel discussion:  every other sentence
	from each panel member began, "I'm hoping there's noone from
	the MPAA/RIAA in the audience, but...."

							-S