[free-sklyarov] News Articles

Len Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Mon Aug 6 23:01:51 PDT 2001

Folks,

Sorry I've been quite on the list lately.  Been quite busy.

I want to first of all thank everyone who's been putting in a lot of hard
work over the past few weeks.  I'm quite pleased with how things have
gone thus far.

I did want to comment, after reading some of the recent discussions.

There have been *many* excellent articles about the DMCA, Dmitry, the
protests, and the controversy regarding this case. There are bound to be
some bad articles. Not all reporters are good at what they do, and not
good reporters write good articles every time they cover a story.

Those who were late to the party and are just now becoming aware of this
story are going to be trying hard to find a new angle to spin. So, get
used to seeing non sequitors for headlines. It's inevitable. You really
aren't going to gain much by badgering the reporters to explain the
reasoning behind their sensational loose associations.

All in all, most of the reporting I have seen thus far has been excellent.

Len