[free-sklyarov] Disappearing eBooks - but not inmates?

Kurt Foss kfoss at planetpdf.com
Tue Aug 7 11:10:56 PDT 2001

In light of the press release item "RosettaBooks Launches First
'Timed' eBook" we just posted on our Planet eBook site, a possible
punishment of five years in prison seems a bit harsh in light of the
rapid changes in technologies these days. Someone like Sklyarov could
be still idling away in the slammer while the copyright protection
scheme he was able to outwit may have long since ceased to exist.

Read about the tech demo that allows an eBook to be set to
self-destruct after a specified period of time at:

http://www.planetebook.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=201

rgds ~ Kurt

Planet PDF - A world of Acrobat/PDF news, tips, tools and forums
mailto:kfoss at binarything.com | mailto:kfoss at planetpdf.com
http://www.binarything.com/ | http://www.planetpdf.com/
BinaryThing.com - The ePublishing Network