[free-sklyarov] technically inaccurate news reports

Rebecca J. Hill rjhill at directvinternet.com
Tue Aug 7 13:47:37 PDT 2001

This is nit-picking, I know.  The first two news reports I heard/read this
morning reported that Dmitry had been arrested on charges of copyright
infringement.  While I am glad that this case is getting some coverage, I am
tired of hearing Dmitry referred to as a Russian HACKER and this whole
infringement bit.  Below is the nice response I received from one of the
folks I tried to gently correct.  I will continue to "assist" the media in
getting it right. . . and I hope others do the same.

Rebecca