[free-sklyarov] Counter-Terminology

James S. Huggins (Free Sklyarov) FreeSklyarov at ZName.com
Tue Aug 7 17:15:50 PDT 2001

Responding to the "classic 3"
1) Copy controlled media
2) Usage controlled media
3) Crippled media

Scott Renfro wrote:
This one just dawned on me (yeah, I know a week late ;-)

  ''Restricted use media''

Although ''Usage restricted media'' had been proposed, this rolls off
the tongue much more easily while still driving home the notion that
it's about more than copying and protecting.  It also contrasts nicely
with ''fair-use''.
[end Scott]

I'll add back to the discussion, some "seed ideas" posted 29.Jul.
Maybe these, together with Scott's recent addition, will help spawn other
ideas.

Fair Use Restricted
Fair Use Impaired
Fair Use Crippled